2019 Country Oaks League Information
End of Year COGA Scramble will be TBA
ALL COGA SCHEDULES & CONTACT INFO : Click Here for Schedule
Making a Return for 2019 – “Pre-League Warm-Up Scrambles”
Thursday March 30
Wednesday April 5
Tuesday April 11
Wednesday April 12
*Must be called in by 4pm the day of event
*Anyone can participate from any night of league, as well as any non league member
*3 or 4 person scramble teams will be put together by the League Director (sorry no team requests)
*Discounted green fees & cart rental for all participates (plus an additional $5 to the prize pot)
Non Country Oaks Member: $8.00 + $5
Country Oaks Member (No Cart): $5.00 +$5
Full Cart/Pass Holder: $5.00
2018 League Rules & Regulations
- League fee is $40 per PLAYER.
- Play 9 holes every week (switch between front and back every other week)
- Points scored by the teams are determined by head-to-head matchups and by handicaps for each player on team.
- There are 10 total points available each week. One for each hole and one point for total score on the 9 holes.
- Handicaps determine how many strokes one team will give to the other team. Ex. – If Team A has a handicap of 6 &4 then they have total of 10 . If team B has a handicap of 8 & 7 then they have a total of 15 handicap. In this instance Team A would give Team B 5 stroke of the 5 lowest handicap holes on that 9 holes.
- Scoring system of handicaps – COGA league takes your 3 lowest scores from your last 5 weeks of league.
- Sub rules: COGA does have their own players who just sub in leagues, but you can however have someone from one of the other league nights sub for your team. Ex- If you are playing Monday Night League, then someone from Tuesday & Wednesday Night League would be able to sub for your team.
- When your team has a sub he can only get 80% of his handicap. Ex – If your sub has a 5 handicap, he would only get a 4 handicap in league that night.
- Sub scores only count toward handicaps for COGA League Subs. Ex. – If you play on Monday Night and then sub for a player on Tuesday Night League then your score in Tuesday Night League WILL NOT COUNT.
- When a team does have a sub of any kind they cannot earn the total score point, but the other team still has to earn the total score point.
- Whenever you do have a substitute for your team please make sure and cross out the person he is substituting for and put the name of the sub on the scorecard. If this does not happen, we will treat as a no sub and it will go towards that persons handicap.
- If for some reason, one team cannot show up for their match-up on that particular league night, then the other team still has to play to get points. The team that does not show up will receive 0 points, but the team that does play will be matched up against a random team and will receive the points they deserve in that match-up.
- MAKE-UP Rules: If a league night does get cancelled due to inclement weather then you will have ONE WEEK to make up that league night. If it is not made-up in ONE WEEK then both teams shall receive 0 points, unless one team is able to play, then they will go under rule #10. There is no “we will just split the points”, either you play your match, one team plays, or no one plays and you both receive 0 points. You can play at two different times IF it is a make-up, but make sure you both play the same 9 and you would still need to have it made up in ONE WEEK.
- If inclement weather comes during the middle of your league match-up and you only have a few holes left, then you can decide to split the rest of the holes and the handicaps will not be affected. The holes you played before the inclement weather arrived will be counted like a normal match-up. Please write on your scorecard that you decided to split the points if this does occur.
- Tuesday Night League: There is NO showing up early for your 5:30 shotgun start tee time and playing your match-up against your opponent. If this does happen you both will receive 0 points.
- You can concede any putt inside a flag stick length. If the putt is given to a player, the player must take the putt.
- Skin pots for Tuesday & Wednesday Night League are $5 a team. If your teammate and you are the only two to have the lowest score on a hole, you still WIN the skin since you are paying for your TEAM in skins.
- You are allowed to move your ball a club length (no closer to the hole). There is no moving ball from fairway to rough or vice versa.
- Whatever tees you start from in Week 1 are the tees you must play the rest of the year.
- Total Point will be determined by the total score of each team vs. the total score of the other team with the strokes given by the handicaps.
- You are allowed to have two subs on a given night, subs should be fellow COGA members from the sub list, or players from other nights.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW FOR THE END OF THE YEAR COGA BANQUET ON TBA
THANKS FOR BEING PART OF THE COGA LEAGUE!!!!
Cotnact Kathy Havill for information.
League Info will be available soon.